I’m always on the look out for lunch ideas. Particularly things that my husband doesn’t really like. That way I can still get my fill on them at lunch time…and he doesn’t have to suffer through them at dinner. This is normally soups. I love soup; butternut squash, clam chowder, chicken noodle. I love soup. Especially in the winter when it’s so chilly. So this weekend I found this recipe and it was just too easy to pass up!
- Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pkg of refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans tomato soup
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I used skim)
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/2 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes (I pureed mine)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
1) saute the garlic in olive oil until golden (beware burning the garlic)
2) then add broth, soup, milk, half & half, sun dried tomatoes, and seasonings
3) cook until blended – you’ll know
4) add the tortellini and cook for as long as on package (normally 8 minutes). I left mine a little underdone b/c I knew I’d be reheating everyday at lunch.
and that’s all it takes! And trust me…its delicious. And filling with all those tortellini!
I failed at taking photos but let me know how yours turns out!